Conquest of the New World Central
What is CNW?
Submit a Resource
Conquest of the New World II
Link to Us
Build A Wordpress Website
SimCity 2000 Center
Hints for Conquest of the New World
Listed below are some helpful hints to Conquest of the New World. If you see a mistake in the following hints please e-mail me.
- Try to get on to islands, so that you can grow in peace until your ready to fight.
- Make sure no AI can take complete control of a major island.
- If an AI get control of a entire Island build up your forces and send a D-Day attack on them
- Always max out your forts and keep an extra general (attacker) inside.
- Specialise your generals. Like make one with 12 attack and the minimum amount of units to defend a city.
- Always be on the look out. If a rival sends out 5 armies for no reason, mobilize your armies.
- The AI isn't smart enough to split up armies so that they can fit on ships. NOTE: this only aplies to later turns.
- Use the Persist\ button on all your explorers after like the 30th turn or when ever you get tired of clicking the explore button.
- Keep trades on persistant to automate them every turn.
- Always feed your young colonies to speed their growth.
- Research leader points, they may be expensive but they're worth it. A couple of upgrades can give you a 3-4 extra points for your Generals.
- Find someone to play with to sharpen your skills. Human players are always smarter than Conquest of the New World's AI, well usually at least. To request a play please use the forums.
- Experiment with different strategies
- Don't play as the natives until your very experienced or on a easy game level.
- Try different combos of point modifyers, some work really well.
- Don't send calvery to take a block infront of 3 cannons if they can't attack that same turn.
- Sacrifice near death units to save others if they are stronger.
- Bring like 3 generals to attack a city. 2 to attack the city 1 and to defend it afterwards.
- If you usually pile up heaps of gold choose miser as a point modifier. For more info on point mods click here.
- A mixed army is better than an unmixed one.
Thats all for now :) i post more later. If you have any tips to add email me